Wellspring Property Management is committed to equal housing and we fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA). We do not discriminate against persons because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, or any other protected class. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws. We offer applications to everyone who requests one. Each occupant over the age of 18 must complete an application and pay the $50.00 application fee. Approval is based on SEVEN factors:
• Credit History
• Employment Verification and History
• Income Verification
• Rental Verification and History
• Criminal Background Check
• Terrorist Database Search
• Animal Criteria
*THE APPLICATION FEE OF $50.00 PER ADULT IS NON-REFUNDABLE
*Each adult over 18 MUST complete a separate application form. It is in your best interest to confirm that your rental requirements are not outside of our tenant criteria concerning eviction history, foreclosures, bankruptcies, employment history, minimum income requirements, credit score, allowance of animals, number of animals, or any other factor that may cause your application to be immediately denied.
*Wanting to offer less than the listed rent price for the home WILL cause your application to be delayed.
WE WILL CHARGE THE $50.00 APPLICATION FEE ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR APPLICATION. IT IS THE APPLICANTS RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE ALL DOCUMENTATION IS COMPLETE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO OFFER THE PROPERTY TO A COMPLETED APPLICANT BEFORE A PARTIAL APPLICATION IS MADE COMPLETE. WE DO NOT HOLD PROPERTIES FOR APPLICANTS WHILE WE ARE WAITING FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION.
We do not pre-screen applicants or applications. Applicants are required to pre-screen themselves with the following criteria and will need to meet the requirements below. We encourage you to apply if you meet the below criteria:
This application, background information, credit scores, rental history, criminal history, and employment verification will be viewed by Wellspring Property Management employees, and possibly the property owner.
*Multiple applications may be reviewed before choosing a tenant. *
Lease Criteria for applying for a home:
Before you apply for a home, read the following information concerning the approval process. If you have any questions, contact our leasing office at 760-371-4282 during our normal business hours Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.
Identification: Each applicant is REQUIRED to provide a legible copy of a Government issued photo identification card. THIS NEEDS TO BE UPLOADED WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Income Verification: Income needs to be at least three (3) times the monthly rent and verifiable from an unbiased source: examples include past 2 full months pay-stubs, tax returns, bank statements (with supporting documentation from your employer) or offer letter with start date. VERIFICATION MUST BE AN ACTUAL DOCUMENT; NOT A SCREENSHOT.
Employment: We require verifiable employment history for a minimum of the past 3 years.
Credit History: We will obtain a copy of our credit report. You cannot provide this to us, we will obtain this ourselves during the application process.
Contingent Approval – Risk Mitigation Fee – Tenant Credit Score Based
Wellspring Property Management may offer applicants with lower than 615 credit score with an opportunity to rent from us by offsetting the monetary risk for the owners, vendor and the management company. Combined tenant scores of 615 or higher are usually approved with normal rents, as advertised administration fees, and a security deposit equal to one month’s rent or other amount as agreed.
Applicants with less than a combined average 615 credit score may be subject to a risk mitigation fee, or other proposed terms, as outlined below:
Tier 1: Credit of 615 or higher, security deposit of 1 time the monthly rent.
Tier 2: Credit of 600 - 614 security deposit of 1.5x the monthly rent
Credit below 599 will not be accepted.
***Any application(s) showing no credit may be subject to increased deposit, requirement of co-signer, or additional signer on the lease ***
*** Credit score average must be above 600 for more than 1 applicant***
Criminal, Sex Offense, and Terrorist Database Check: We will check these databases for all occupants over 18. Criminal backgrounds involving violent crimes, sex offenses, domestic violence, possession/distribution of weapons or illegal substances may be grounds for denial of an applications. An exception may be made for type or age of offense, please provide details to the property manager.
MANDATORY TENANT LIABILITY INSURANCE: All tenants are required to obtain property damage liability insurance on behalf of the Landlord and Property Manager. Coverage is required in the amount of One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000) for the damage to both the landlord’s and their parties’ property with the provisions covering at least the perils of fire, smoke, explosions, accidental water discharge and sewer backup. Tenants are required to name Wellspring Property Management as an additional insured or interested party.
An insurance policy provided by our vendor of choice will automatically placed on the lease at a monthly cost of $12.50 and will be effective upon lease commencement date. Tenants may OPT OUT of purchasing this required Insurance through tenants preferred insurance provider at any time AND by providing written proof of the following three (3) items:
1. Evidence of required insurance levels to show the policy is in effect with start and end date
2. Wellspring Property Management on the policy as additionally insured or interested party.
3. Tenant provided insurance policy coverage equal to or greater than $100,000 liability coverage.
ADDITIONAL LEASE FEES: We charge an additional $5.00 per month for Administration Fees for the duration of your lease.
INFORMATION ON ANIMALS
Rental Criteria for Animals:
Animal policies vary from one homeowner to another. Some owners do not permit animals, while others restrict type and/or size of allowable animals. Not more than two (2) animals per household are permitted without specific owners’ approval.
Special consideration is given to “Service Animals” that assist a tenant with special medical needs (proper and current documentation needed for verification).
We require with your application, a picture of each animal that will be on the property which must be uploaded with the application.
We may require a meeting with the animal(s) for final approval.
NO SMOKING OF ANY SUBSTANCES IS PERMITTED INSIDE THE HOME OR IN THE GARAGE.
*IT IS THE DUTY OF THE APPLICANT TO VERIFY SCHOOL BOUNDARIES*
SEX OFFENDERS: Applicants should satisfy their concerns regarding crime statistics or the presence of any sex offenders in the area, before submitting an application. This information is available free of charge on the internet at the following sites: Meganslaw.com
SOME REASONS FOR DENIAL OF APPLICATIONS:
• If you failed to give proper notice when vacating a property.
• If previous landlord(s) would be unwilling to rent to you again for reasons pertaining to your behavior or that of any family member, guest (welcome or not), your pets, or any animal on the property during your tenancy.
• If you have had more than one late payment of rent within the last 12 months.
• If you have an unpaid collection filed against you by a property management company.
• If an unlawful detainer action or eviction has occurred within the past seven (7) years.
• If you have recently received a 3-day notice to vacate.
• If you have less than a 615 credit score and refuse to abide by the additional Risk Mitigation fee as outlined above.
• If you have had two (2) or more NSF checks within the last 12 months
• If you have allowed any person(s), not on the lease, to reside on the premises.
• If we are unable to verify your information
• No Businesses operated from property.
• If you violate any of our terms of service during this application process.
Start of Lease:
Vacant Homes --- Wellspring Property Management has a policy that all leases on vacant homes must begin within 30 days of application approval. We are unable to hold the home rent free without a lease agreement longer than that time.
Occupied Homes --- Wellspring Property Management will typically advertise a first available date with all of the homes approved incoming tenant be flexible in some cases. We understand the burden this can create and strive to advertise a solid date so incoming tenants can plan accordingly.
What Our Tenants Want You to Know:
1) Wellspring Property Management conducts an annual walk-through of the home you will live in. We take pictures of the interior and exterior of the home during those walk-through’s. This information is kept on record and shared with the owner. If this standard walk through procedure is going to cause you a problem – we recommend you stop now and do not apply for one of our homes.
2) Non-Disparagement / Representations - OWNER, TENANT and PROPERTY MANAGER mutually agree, that as additional consideration, specifically the mutuality of this clause, each is prohibited from making disparaging remarks/statements or publications regarding the other to any third party, internet, web-based, cloud based, or “review” type publication site, effective the date of this agreement.
3)During the last 30 days of your lease agreement – a sign and lockbox may be placed on the home and you may be asked to show the home to prospective new tenants.
4) Wellspring Property Management is a ZERO TOLERANCE company in regards to rent collection. Rent is due the 1st of each month, late the 3rd of each month. Late fees begin 5:00 pm on the 3rd of the month and will continue to accrue until paid. If rent has not been paid by that point, late fees will be applied with no exceptions. We encourage all tenants to pay via our online system for the most secure and traceable method of payment. There are no exceptions.
5) Site Un-Seen Application and Approval. It is possible to apply for the home, be approved, and sign a lease agreement without ever seeing one of our homes in person. In such a scenario, we require an incoming approved tenant to sign a Site Un-Seen Addendum to the Lease Agreement. In that form, we ask you name a “Trusted Advisor” outside of Wellspring Property Management who has offered you their opinion of the condition of the home.
6) Lease Preparation Fee: There is a lease preparation fee of $100 per lease agreement to prepare, forward, and offer the convenience of electronic signatures. In addition, any revised leases in the future will be charged a $50 lease change fee fee.
KEY POINTS TO SUMMARIZE FROM THIS DISCLOSURE:
1) The $50.00 application fee per adult is NON-REFUNDABLE.
2) Your application can be cancelled – WITHOUT REFUND – for failing to abide by the above guidelines and terms as stated above.
3) Combined Average Credit Scores of all applicants LESS THAN 615 may incur additional Risk Mitigation Fees.
4) You may apply and rent this home Site un-Seen with certain stipulations.
5) Once your application is approved, there is a $100.00 Lease Preparation Fee.
6) All ANIMALS must be disclosed on the application and put into the Lease Agreement and will increase the deposit by $250.00 per animal and have a $25.00 per animal increased lease preparation fee.
7) All OCCUPANTS must be disclosed on the application.
8) School Enrollment concerns are the responsibility of the Applicant.
9) Home Owners Association concerns are the responsibility of the Applicant.
10) There is NO SMOKING inside any of the homes or garages.
11) Tenant Liability Insurance is REQUIRED and may be obtained through Wellspring Property Management at an additional cost of $12.50 per month, per home. Upon completion of your Application, you will be notified in writing of your Approval / Denial / or Offer of Other Terms within 2-3 Business Days.